Monday, May 11, 2015

Running a Business and a Full Time Degree



So, I used to work in retail for 4 years, the day I left was the best day of my life. I broke free the strict routine and I had my weekends back. It was all fun and games until I ran out of money...

Luckily I had some saved up and my parents told me to look for another job whilst I finish uni. So I started looking, I had no idea what sort of part time job I wanted, until I was approached by an old friend who ran nightclub events and asked me if I could film his nightclub event, as I had just bought a DSLR I was said yeah sure, we agreed on a price, I made the video, got paid and thought nothing of it. 

A  few weeks passed and I got a message from another club asking if I could make them a video, so I did. Next thing I know I making a video almost every week. Thats when I launch Action Filming, at first it was just me and a couple of mates helping me out making event videos, now I employee 6 people and we don't only do nightclub videos but we also focus on nightclub photography and have weekly contracts with clubs in Wycombe and Oxford. The company grew so quick that we are now the biggest nightclub photography business in Wycombe and second biggest in Oxford!

I'm not going to lie from reading that it sounds like it all fell into place, it didn't, I worked hard and stayed focused. Oh and whilst doing all this I'm also just about to finish my full time degree.


https://www.facebook.com/ActionFilming
http://www.actionfilming.co/

0 comments:

Post a Comment