Monday, April 27, 2015

Have Games Influenced Films?

Presentation... Do I really have to do a presentation... This is what I asked myself when I set my most recent assignment. Sadly the answer was yes, I'm not going to pretend that yeah a presentation isn't that bad, because that's a lie, I would much rather write a 7,000 word essay than do a 10 minute presentation, but sadly that wasn't an option. So I had to find a topic, so I choose to look at the way that games have been affected films. After some extensive research I noticed that they are hugely affected in many ways.

To start with dystopian realities tend to be associated with games and films, however extreme dystopian realities tend to be associated with games, although more films these days are using extreme dystopian realities this is due to the use of special effect becoming more believable and cheaper to produce. An example of this is the film Sucker Punch. Sucker Punch made a big statement, the film is very bizarre, and left many viewer wanting more and many hating it. 

CGI was also affected, since games only use CGI, millions is spent improving it, which has made the CGI look more believable, this has meant that films have also had to step up their games and make their effects look more genuine to win over the audience attention, and to make them start asking questions about how it was made and how realistic it looked.

Games really have effected films, in so many ways. I only wonder what the future holds and what other effects will entail!

0 comments:

Post a Comment